Looking for a way to support them as they figure out, “Who Am I?” in these critical year?
- If you’re frustrated finding ways to hold the attention of the young people in your youth group while taking them deeper,
- If you’re tired of looking at resources that don’t hold true to who you are as a Methodist,
- If you’re looking for something that will draw the young people closer to God,
THEN “WHO AM I?” DOWNLOADABLE RETREAT PACKAGE IS FOR YOU.
It’s not fun when you have a group of young people and you don’t have the tools to engage their minds and hearts. We know that sinking feeling when nothing you try seems to stick.
Over time, it wears you down. You doubt yourself. You doubt your call. You even seem to lose your passion and energy.
But you haven’t given up. Even though this is how it has been and this is how it still is, you have faith that it can be different. You want a different future for you and the young people.
What makes the difference for us at youTheology Institute? Resources that get young people thinking while they are creating. We found a mix of using the arts, teaching, chatting together, and doing spiritual practices helpful. This mix also helped our young people to get a hold of the different concepts.
What about the leaders who are just like you? They always talked about how easy it was to follow the guides. They were excited when they spoke about the interaction of the young people and how they were learning.
“IT’S A WHOLISTIC APPROACH TO WHO YOU ARE. THE RESOURCES WERE INCREDIBLY ENGAGING. I’VE LOOKED AT A LOT OF YOUTH MATERIAL AND SOME OF IT WAS OUT OF DATE. THIS IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE TIMES WE ARE IN NOW. IT IS HELPFUL FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TODAY” EMILY CARROLL, PASTOR”
AND WE SAW RESULTS.
- After a creative activity found in the “Who Am I?” package, one young lady said that having to put down who she was made her really think about herself. It also made her think about the future. You heard her in the video above.
- Another noted that what matters is what’s on the inside.
- Others talked about being inspired by John Wesley’s life and struggles.
- They also recognized that God loves them and that this was more important than what people thought about them.
Hear some more from the young people:
CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THIS WAS LIKE FOR THE LEADERS?
They were energized as they saw young people grasping these important “who am I” facts. The leaders loved that we gave them the guidelines and resources to make this happen.
This could be you.
- Any young person can relate to what’s in this “who am I” package.
- You will find that you can rearrange things or leave some things out to suit your needs. It’s flexible.
- If you don’t use it for a retreat, you can use it for your regular youth group sessions.
- Yes. You’ll get a guide that’s easy to follow.
This is definitely worth it. What you’ll get is more than just the content. You’ll get a life-transforming experience for you and your students that energizes you.
- Activity that gives young people creative ways to describe themselves to others.
- Ways for you and their peers to give them positive feedback in a world that is often hostile to them.
- A look at John Wesley’s life that showed that he was human. This prepares them to learn what Wesley taught about grace: “Looking for Love in a Lot of Place.”
- Time out to do prayer and Bible activities on their own speed with guidance.
- A way to see love for one’s self in the light of love for God and other people: “Loving God, Self, and Others: R U Ready 4 Love “.
You’ll also get
- Step-by-step instructions on using the package.
- A script with words for you to say, if you so choose.
- Check lists with the materials you need for each component.
That’s not all. You’ll also get,
- A free article on what a retreat is and what makes a good one.
- 2 Retreat schedules—one for an overnight and the other for 2 nights.
- A suggested covenant for the group to be signed by participants and parents.
- A ritual for dealing with cell phone usage for everyone to read aloud together.
It’s life changing.
BUY THE “WHO AM I?” RETREAT PACKAGE AND TAKE AWAY YOUR FRUSTRATION. SEE YOUR YOUNG PEOPLE GROW AND CONNECT DEEPLY.
Click on the “Add to Cart” button below. Next, click on the “checkout” button that appears. It will take you to the checkout page. If you have a coupon, type your coupon code in the place provided and hit the “apply” button. You’ll see your deduction below the total.